Re: BugSquash Party this sunday

[ CCed to Darren in order to let him know my intention to NMU the perl
package in order to correct most of the RCB ]

Le Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 03:43:35PM +0100, Christian Kurz écrivait:
> Because from the information which I got from Torsten Landschoff who
> took part on one of it. And after the "success" of the first party, I
> didn't want to take part on the second one.

Well, Christian. Even if bug squaqshing party are not perfect for european
like us who pay much for their net connection, and even if the
organization is difficult, it's not a reason not to help. If 20 persons
work hard and fix 5 bugs during this day we'll correct most of the RCB.

Personnaly, I'll try to participate as much as I can. Please note that I'm
going to NMU the perl-* packages (so if someone else want to do them,
please tell them that I'm going to do it)...

BTW, I think that we should also discuss the severities of the bugs. I
have the feeling that many of them can be downgraded to normal. This is
the kind of thing that could be well debated on IRC. Each bugs can be
reviewed by 3-4 persons and if they feel the same way, then let's decrease
the severity.

> It's just the problem, that the number of bugs is still not getting down
> and it seems many people forget about RCBs and the effect of the last
> two partys was nearly above zero according to my knowledge. So I
> distrust the effect of this party. I think this is quite understandable.

Doing nothing won't help too... I already told many more time that we
should have a more agressive approach for this. Fix a limit and say this
day all packages with priorities less than standard that do have RCB will
be removed. That would help a lot. :-) The standard packages should be
corrected though and probably by the QA team (Wichert I already asked you
if we could have this information on the RCB list ...).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>