Re: new maintainer *must* reopen

On 99-10-05 Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 06:34:09AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> ["bad" maintainers]
> > I could also help in this task as sometimes I have some free time and
> > looking over those information would be possible in my (at the moment)
> > spare time for Debian QA. So if Michael is interested in doing this
> > job, he could contact me, so that we can divide the work between us.

> [rcb's]
> > And about this job, I remember that Thorsten Landschoff works sometimes
> > on this, when he is not away from his PC. So maybe you should contact
> > him to share the load.

> Ok. How about this as a mechanism for coordinating work: create an
> address like log@qa.debian.org that can be cc'd on any queries sent to
> maintainers. People working on QA could consult the mailbox attached to
> that address to see if a maintainer has been contacted, and what reply
> was received.

Well, I'm not so happy to see another email-Account which I need to read
before doing QA. I'm on more than 15 mailing-list and as I'm working
(Okay, I'm only a trainee but 8 hours a day work and some time to get to
the firm an back) it would make QA much harder. So I would prefer
creating little team that coordinate themself like: Person a looks at
the bugs for packages a-i, person b for bugs in packages j-r and person
c for the rest. So the load has also been divided but you don't need
first to read another mail-folder to take appropriate action against
"bad" maintainers or rcbs. What do you mean?

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *