Re: new maintainer *must* reopen

On 99-10-04 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 03:04:37PM -0400, Michael Stone écrivait:
> > I'm interested in contributing to this effort--let me know what I can do
> > to help.

> Different tasks have to be done :

> First task : finding bad maintainers
> ------------------------------------

> The idea is simple. You must look for packages badly maintained. You can
> use different informations at your choice but these statistics are helpful
> in general :
> http://master.debian.org/~hertzog/qa/

I could also help in this task as sometimes I have some free time and
looking over those information would be possible in my (at the moment)
spare time for Debian QA. So if Michael is interested in doing this
job, he could contact me, so that we can divide the work between us.

> Second task : checking new RC bugs
> ----------------------------------

> When a release critical bug is getting older than 2 weeks you have to
> contact the maintainer about what he plans to do. Without answer in one
> week, the committe can take a decison to do a NMU in order to correct
> the bug. The goal is to keep the RCB number as low as possible in order
> to have a freeze as short as possible and so on.

And about this job, I remember that Thorsten Landschoff works sometimes
on this, when he is not away from his PC. So maybe you should contact
him to share the load.

> Both jobs have to be done on a regular basis, if you *really* will do one
> of them you're welcome in the QA committee.

Agreed and to make the job not so much work I made some comments about
sharing the load, so that it easier to do.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *