Re: [SCM] Motif widgetset library branch, master, updated. debian/2.3.4-1-31-g912bcbf

Hi Graham,

On 17-03-13 09:16, Graham Inggs wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit 0450ba5184ed53ecf6330e0accdd727509a75d48
> +Comment: Created in GIMP using /usr/share/unity-greeter/unknown_badge.png,
> + from Ubuntu's unity-greeter package (copyright 2012 Canonical Ltd and
> + released under GPL-3), as a template. As per:
>   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-February/034800.html

If this is true, we do have an (small) issue. You can not just relicense
this file without permission of the copyright owner. So, you have no
choice other than state the license of this file as GPL-3 or ask
Canonical to relicense.

I don't think it is a problem to have the icon licensed under GPL-3,
although most of motif is less strict licensed under LGPL, etc, as it is
not part of the binary (library) so packages linking to it don't have
any problem.

By the way, you really should add Canonical to the copyright holders
list as well.

Paul