Bug#389163: How to handle filename conflict "aleph" (Packages aleph, tetex-bin, texlive-bin)?
- To: Andreas Barth <email@example.com>
- Cc: Thomas Bushnell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#389163: How to handle filename conflict "aleph" (Packages aleph, tetex-bin, texlive-bin)?
- From: Frank Küster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:09:42 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Frank Küster <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20061212205015.GX2733@mails.so.argh.org> (Andreas Barth's message of "Tue\, 12 Dec 2006 21\:50\:15 +0100")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061212205015.GX2733@mails.so.argh.org>
Andreas Barth <email@example.com> wrote:
> Why is it better than to drop aleph? If a package is way outdated, and
> RC buggy, and also aleph is practically unchanged since Sarge, I think
> that is still grounds for a removal.
I haven't investigated about aleph. I just thought that, since it
doesn't have many bugs, even the current version might be useful, and
better than nothing.
If Thomas packages afnix (together with Paul or separately), that's
probably the best choice. From a technical point of view, the package
names could also stay the same, so that we don't need to wait for NEW
processing (but you RMs might have a magic wand to speed up that?)
Dr. Frank Küster
Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding @ Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)