Re: can pip be made using local Debian packages for any dependencies

On 2023-02-16 01:12:49 +0000 (+0000), Ian Norton wrote:
> I agree that is "easiest" but what I was after was the ability to
> restrict myself to the curated and signed packages from debian,
> pypi is just as bad as old CPAN when it comes to packages
> disappearing or being broken or depending on totally random
> versions
[...]

I think you missed my point, which was to explicitly create a venv
and install your project there instead of relying on pip's --user
default (which seemed to be resulting in errors for you). If you
create the venv with --system-site-packages enabled then it will
still use any Debian-packaged Python libraries you've installed.
--
Jeremy Stanley