Re: can pip be made using local Debian packages for any dependencies

https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/specifications/recording-installed-packages/
defines the python spec where a package such as pyparsing would create
a tree of files under:
site-packages/pyparsing-3.0.9-dist-info/  including RECORD which is
essentially a sha256-based manifest of files and some others.