Re: can pip be made using local Debian packages for any dependencies

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 01:12:49AM +0000, Ian Norton wrote:
> I agree that is "easiest" but what I was after was the ability to restrict
> myself to the curated and signed packages from debian, pypi is just as bad
> as old CPAN when it comes to packages disappearing or being broken or
> depending on totally random versions
These, or comparable, problems also happen in Debian. For example, you
cannot expect any given module to be packaged (or not disappear in the
next release), sometimes the version in the repo is several years old and
of course packages in Debian can be broken, even if it's rare.