Re: a review of your bumblebee-status package

Hello Antoine,

I am aware of this failure and have reported it upstream. For now, I'll
disable the offending test.

After doing that, I discovered that almost all of the tests are faulty
(at least on Python 3.10), so I've disabled tests altogether for now.

Does the package *work* at all in 3.10? We might not want to silence
real errors here...

Upstream says 3.4-3.9 is supported, but I don't know if that's because 3.10 doesn't work or because they haven't bothered to add it. Searching their bug tracker, I wasn't able to find any 3.10-related issues yet. I also haven't tried to use the program with Python 3.10, because I don't use it myself at all (packaging this for a friend).

_version.py is not a copy of versioneer, it's *generated* by versioneer.
However, there is versioneer.py in the root directory, which is. I'll
exclude that from the source and repack.

hmm... how about that generated file though? shouldn't it be ... well,
generated at build time instead? :)

As far as I understand it, this file is used by the author of the program, not end users. I don't understand it well, though, because I haven't put much time into researching what versioneer even does. If my hunch is correct, I may be able to just remove the file from the source altogether, but I haven't tried that yet.

let me know when / if you need me to look at it again, and thanks again!

It should be ready for review now, as long as I haven't messed anything up majorly in my attempts to fix the issues you brought to my attention.

Thanks again,
--
Ben Westover