Re: a review of your bumblebee-status package

Hello again,
Some corrections to my previous message:

As for how it's installed, I believe that's handled by the upstream setup.py:
     data_files=[
         ("share/bumblebee-status/themes", glob.glob("themes/*.json")),
         ("share/bumblebee-status/themes/icons", glob.glob("themes/icons/*.json")),
         ("share/bumblebee-status/utility", glob.glob("bin/*")),
     ]
Looks like it's put into /something/share/bumblebee-status/utility.

Confirmed that it's /usr/share/bumblebee-status/utility.

  * the build fails here, in a fresh Debian unstable qemu image, with:

        ERROR tests/core/test_output.py - RuntimeError: unable to find theme default

I am aware of this failure and have reported it upstream. For now, I'll disable the offending test.

After doing that, I discovered that almost all of the tests are faulty (at least on Python 3.10), so I've disabled tests altogether for now.

As far as Debian is concerned, MIT and Expat are the same license > (although in reality MIT is a term used to describe two slightly
different licenses).
I was corrected by pabs on IRC; Debian does in fact prefer the use of the terms Expat and X11 to be separate and not to use the term MIT.
I was used to the way the Rust team does things, which uses MIT.

--
Ben Westover