Re: a review of your bumblebee-status package

On 2022-06-06 21:10:31, Ben Westover wrote:
> Hello again,
> Some corrections to my previous message:
>
>> As for how it's installed, I believe that's handled by the upstream setup.py:
>>      data_files=[
>>          ("share/bumblebee-status/themes", glob.glob("themes/*.json")),
>>          ("share/bumblebee-status/themes/icons", glob.glob("themes/icons/*.json")),
>>          ("share/bumblebee-status/utility", glob.glob("bin/*")),
>>      ]
>> Looks like it's put into /something/share/bumblebee-status/utility.
>
> Confirmed that it's /usr/share/bumblebee-status/utility.
>
>>>   * the build fails here, in a fresh Debian unstable qemu image, with:
>>>
>>>         ERROR tests/core/test_output.py - RuntimeError: unable to find
>>> theme default
>>
>> I am aware of this failure and have reported it upstream. For now, I'll
>> disable the offending test.
>
> After doing that, I discovered that almost all of the tests are faulty
> (at least on Python 3.10), so I've disabled tests altogether for now.

Does the package *work* at all in 3.10? We might not want to silence
real errors here...

> _version.py is not a copy of versioneer, it's *generated* by versioneer.
> However, there is versioneer.py in the root directory, which is. I'll
> exclude that from the source and repack.

hmm... how about that generated file though? shouldn't it be ... well,
generated at build time instead? :)

let me know when / if you need me to look at it again, and thanks again!

a.
--
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the
future of the human race.