Re: [RFC] DPT Policy: Canonise recommendation against PyPi-provided upstream source tarballs

Hi Scott,

Scott Talbert <swt@techie.net> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2021, Jeremy Stanley wrote:

[snip]
> I tend to agree about PyPI being the official releases for a lot of
> projects.  "GitHub tarballs" also tend to include other undesirable stuff
> for distribution like upstream CI/CD configuration files, etc.

Would you please expand on "etc"?  It seems like it would be reasonable
to exclude CI/CD files via the watch file for the similar reasons to
excluding an upstream-provided debian/ subdir.

Thanks!
Nicholas