Re: Request to join Python Modules Team

>   Imaging you are the person that wants to join this cool project.
>   You made some effort to apply for membership and sent in the request.
>   Then you wait humblely. Humble as you are, you wait another day.
>   On third day you start wondering "Is asking again expressing
>   that you care or is it pushing the people you want to join?"

I did not see a single MR from all the people that requested to join
the team in recent times (and i'm subscribed to MR notifications for
both DPMT and PAPT), and i do know that you cannot submit an MR for
new packages.

Almost all those introductory mails mentioned "I want to maintain this
new package *AND* [emphasis added] help with general maintenance" but
those maintenance contributions never really came (neither before or
after membership was granted, at least not at the level a person that
cares so much would lead to expect).

If they really want to contribute they can always submit MRs or
patches to the bts, and/or prepare a NEW package in a temporary
location if access is still not granted; but that didnt really happen.

We dont really have a good process to accept new contributions (it
mostly boils down to single individuals to review, merge, upload), but
we also dont really that many to begin with.

Geert, I personally find your approach towards the current
members/admins pushy, so speaking exclusively for myself l I would
suggest you to be mindful that, while I may believe you're trying to
be helpful, you may come across differently than how you intended.

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/