Re: Request to join Python Modules Team

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 12:02:07PM +0200, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> út 14. 7. 2020 v 23:18 odesílatel Geert Stappers <stappers@debian.org>
> napsal:
>
> > And please enlighten me (and us (through the mailinglist))
> > what is holding back
> >  https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2020/07/msg00057.html
>

> huh, this is a bit rude. This is volunteering project and you are trying to
> give me (us) some deadlines or what?

Acknowledge on how my request is recieved.  Rewording in the make.

Yes, this is a volunteering project.   (said the volunteer)

  Imaging you are the person that wants to join this cool project.
  You made some effort to apply for membership and sent in the request.
  Then you wait humblely. Humble as you are, you wait another day.
  On third day you start wondering "Is asking again expressing
  that you care or is it pushing the people you want to join?"

Thing I'm aiming for is a guideline for
when to retransmit a join request.

I admit that I yesterday did misread https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2020/07/maillist.html
that https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2020/07/msg00057.html
wasn't unanswered for a long time.

As person who wants to help with enabling fellow volunteers,
I would like to know more about the proces of an application
such as https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2020/07/msg00057.html
(It was not wise from me to use negative words as "holding back")

It is good see that Sudip Mukherjee is now team member.
( https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2020/07/msg00072.html )

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--