Re: python3-distutils is not a separate package in stretch - uninstallable package in stretch-backports

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 06:59:18PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Le mercredi 22 janvier 2020 à 21:04 +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin a écrit :
> > On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 04:53:22PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to solve this bug on python3-setuptools-scm :
> > >
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=928156
> > >
> > > where the problem is :
> > > - python3-setuptools-scm depends on python3-distutils
> > > - python3-distutils is not a separate package in stretch-backports.
> > >
> > > I think the solution of the problem doesn't rest on my shoulders :
> > > the
> > > package which does the job of python3-distutils in stretch-
> > > backports
> > > should "Provides: python3-distutils".
> > I think that the backport should depend on packages it needs instead
> > of
> > non-existing ones.
>
> So you agree the problem isn't mine, but disagree on the solution?
The problem isn't yours but the person who made the backport. This isn't
what you meant though. If you are asking whether it's the problem in the
backport or in the packages in stretch, the problem is in the backport.

--
WBR, wRAR