Re: Severity bump script

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019, 10:25 pm Paul Gevers, <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On 02-12-2019 22:15, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> the blocks are only between py2removal packages, so if a package
> un-related to the py2removal effort
> depend/recomments/b-deps/autotest-triggers a py2removal *application*, that
> is still considered a leaf package

You'll fix that, right? Because why would the tree stop at Python? A
leaf package is a package without Depends/Build-Depends in Debian.

Because the python2 removal is about python2.  If you depend on a python2 package then the dependant application needs to likewise be dropped or updated, but it also is at the same time somewhat out of scope from "us".

So it's either file py2removal bugs also against packages that don't depend on python, but just use an application that happens to use python2, or the current status quo.
That's my take at least.

Also, I am one of those that think we should be much more forceful, and the current situation looks just fine for me, so I might be biased.