Re: Severity bump script

Hi all,

On 01-12-2019 22:45, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Paul, this is the thread i was talking about.
>
> you were copied in the original email:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2019/10/msg00098.html
>
> if there is something the RT wants to discuss about this effort,
> please do so here, not directly to me (i may be the mail address
> sending those control commands, but the decision was taken here).

I understand the drive to push for Python 2 removal and sympathize with
it. The issue I had yesterday with the process is that "leaf" was
wrongly defined, it was looking at Depends, instead of also including
Build-Depends.

I don't want to stand in the way of Python 2 removal, but as I said
before, pulling packages out from underneath maintainers isn't pretty so
needs to be done with proper notifications and care. An RC bug to ones
own package is acceptable in my opinion as it is a clear discussion
forum, and can be (temporarily) down-graded while the discussion is
ongoing. Being notified about some other package that I not even need
directly but is going to pull "my" package out of testing isn't a nice
experience and should be avoided. Yes, that slows down the process, but
there are people, emotions and all those irrational things involved.

Paul