Re: upstream release of unreleased package

Hi Dmitry,

On 2019-02-21 21:54, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
And I cannot reproduce the failure that you are getting later. Does this
mean you are using git-buildpackage older than 0.8.0?

Yes, it was older. With 0.8.12.2 I success. Thanks a lot for solving the mystery, I will use version 0.8.12.2 from now on.

Anyway, I think that here you should run import-orig from debian/master
branch, not from patch-queue/debian/master (where the previous command
left you). If you run ‘git checkout debian/master’ before ‘gbp import-orig’
this might work even with older git-buildpackage versions.

OK. I will do that. Maybe it would be good to add that in the wiki.

I recommend setting up your shell prompt to show the current branch, it will make it easier to understand what is going on. You can find some instructions
how to do it in /usr/lib/git-core/git-sh-prompt.

Perfect. Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Daniel