Re: upstream release of unreleased package

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> writes:

> No, you should not add the new upstream version as a patch. Especially as
> you already have the tarball imported. What is the repo missing is merging
> upstream/0.3.8 into the master branch. If you imported the tarball with
> gbp import-orig it would have happened automatically.

That would probably explain why I had problems. I didn't check that the
latest upstream branch correctly matched the source without patches, and
generated the orig.tar.gz file based on the lastest upstream branch
(which wasn't tagged correctly either).

It is possible in this case no patches are required. Not sure I entirely
understand the situation however.

"for a new upstream release of the unreleased" - has it been released
upstream or not?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>