Re: upstream release of unreleased package

On 2019-02-10 20:37, Brian May wrote:
lluvia@autistici.org writes:

lluvia@technoethical:~/debian/visualequation$ git commit -m "modifying
d/changelog for new upstream release"
[patch-queue/debian/master 70ae5b1] modifying d/changelog for new
upstream release

This is your first error. Changes to debian/* files belong to the
debian/master branch, not the patch-queue/debian/master branch.

So you should be finalise the changes to the patch-queue first, then run
something like "gbp pq export" which will switch back the the
debian/master branch, then you can make changes to the debian/* files.

Sorry, I don't have time to try to explain how to fix this right now :-(

Hello,

Since I do not see more answers I am trying to fix it by myself. I am trying the following sequence of commands that I think that solves that first error. Can you tell me what is wrong now or if I am doing something not adequate?

gbp clone git@salsa.debian.org:python-team/applications/visualequation.git
cd visualequation
git reset --hard HEAD~1
git tag --delete upstream/0.3.8
gbp pq import
gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan
gbp pq rebase
gbp pq export
dch -v 0.3.8-1
git add debian/changelog
git add debian/patches/*
git commit -m "Adding d/changelog and patches"
debuild -us -uc

However, the building of the package with last command is not working. Getting output like:

[...]
patching file README.md
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
3 out of 3 hunks ignored
[...]
dpkg-source: info: the patch has fuzz which is not allowed, or is malformed dpkg-source: info: if patch '0001-Imported-Upstream-version-0.3.8.patch' is correctly applied by quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -E -b -B .pc/0001-Imported-Upstream-version-0.3.8.patch/ --reject-file=- < visualequation.orig.ZbaP4z/debian/patches/0001-Imported-Upstream-version-0.3.8.patch gave error exit status 1 dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b visualequation gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1376:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

Thanks again,

Daniel