Re: Git, gbp blues

Hi Guðjón,

On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 08:44:53AM +0200, Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:
> I am now working on my gspiceui package (which is in fact not a python
> package)
> But the master branch is just master, not debian/master
>
> Here debian/master is preferred
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging
>
> But in this page the branch name is master.
> https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit
>
> What is the standard?
> Shall I change?

If the package is not in DPMT or PAPT then you can use any branch names.

Just if you use debian/master, do not forget to specify it in
debian/gbp.conf (gbp expects master by default).

There is an attempt to standardize, DEP-14 (which suggests debian/master),
but it is not yet widely adopted:
https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/

--
Dmitry Shachnev