Re: Git, gbp blues

On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 11:57:42PM +0200, Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:
> Hi again
>
> One more question.
> If I have updated the sources with uscan and when running lintian I
> find out that
> there is an unwanted file in the upstream sources.
>
> How can I remove the file from the upstream tarball after it has been
> imported into upstream and pristine-tar?

If the tarball was not previously repacked, then you need to use a different
version number (e.g. +dfsg or +repack). List the file in Files-Excluded in
debian/copyright and add repack options to debian/rules (e.g.
opts=dversionmangle=s/\+dfsg//,repacksuffix=+dfsg — see pyqt5 for example).

After that, you have a new upstream version so you can import the tarball
using the normal procedure (gbp import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar).

Although, this depends on how much unwanted the file is. If it does not
violate DFSG and is not large, then it may be better to leave the tarball
as is and add that file to debian/clean.

If the tarball is already repacked, and you need to exclude one more file
(and you have not yet uploaded the current version to archive), then I would
suggest you to manually remove the files from upstream branch, and run
pristine-tar commit after generating the new tarball.

--
Dmitry Shachnev