Re: Git, gbp blues

Hi Dmitry and Anrdrey

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 10:19 PM Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57@debian.org> wrote:
> The correct procedure is running “gbp pq import” *before* importing a new
> tarball. Then after importing you do “gbp pq rebase”.
In fact I did do that.

> Sometimes I myself forget to run “gbp pq import”. In this case I do the
> following:
>
> - Remember the current commit SHA1;
> - git reset --hard origin/debian/master;  # or to previous tag
> - gbp pq import;  # this is the needed step
> - git checkout debian/master;  # back to debian/master branch
> - git merge COMMIT_ID;  # that you remembered before
Thanks, this is useful for me.

> > But fixing the patches with quilt before importing them the second
> > time seems to fix all my problems.
> If it does not break the patches metadata then it also works.
But what other way is possible?
The patch queue must apply cleanly in gbp pq import and
in general you can assume it doesn't with new upstream and
old patch queue.
I still don't understand how to edit the patches the correct way
after a new upstream release.

Regards
Gudjon

Ps. The package qscintilla2 is pushed, still a few lintian warnings to fix.