Re: Git, gbp blues

Hi Andrey

Thanks for the answer.
On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 9:50 PM Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> > Isn't this an error. Shouldn't it be git checkout?
> > $ gbp checkout debian/master
> Yes.
You mean it should be git checkout?

> If you ran gbp pq import after importing the new tarball and it didn't say
> "Patch queue branch 'patch-queue/master'. already exists. Try 'rebase' or
> 'switch' instead." this means you didn't follow the procedure you copied
> above, which includes running gbp pq import before gbp import-orig.

I did follow the procedure but I don't know what to do if a patch
doesn't apply cleanly.
I did try
gbp pq import
gbp:info: Trying to apply patches at 'c72f39a3a32b5e5c1eb7f9aaf7176e942e85d804'
gbp:warning: Patch 0004-remove-logo-privacy-issue.diff.patch failed to
apply, retrying with whitespace fixup
gbp:error: Failed to apply
'/home/gudjon/debian/python-modules/qscintilla2/debian/patches/0004-remove-logo-privacy-issue.diff.patch':
Error running git apply: error: patch failed:
doc/Scintilla/index.html:64
error: doc/Scintilla/index.html: patch does not apply
gbp:error: Couldn't apply patches

But fixing the patches with quilt before importing them the second
time seems to fix all my problems.

I can push my changes if you want to take a look?

Regards
Gudjon