Re: Git, gbp blues

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 10:01:02PM +0200, Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:
> > > Isn't this an error. Shouldn't it be git checkout?
> > > $ gbp checkout debian/master
> > Yes.
> You mean it should be git checkout?
Yes.

> > If you ran gbp pq import after importing the new tarball and it didn't say
> > "Patch queue branch 'patch-queue/master'. already exists. Try 'rebase' or
> > 'switch' instead." this means you didn't follow the procedure you copied
> > above, which includes running gbp pq import before gbp import-orig.
>
> I did follow the procedure but I don't know what to do if a patch
> doesn't apply cleanly.
You seem to be misunderstanding what I wrote.

> I did try
> gbp pq import
> gbp:info: Trying to apply patches at 'c72f39a3a32b5e5c1eb7f9aaf7176e942e85d804'
> gbp:warning: Patch 0004-remove-logo-privacy-issue.diff.patch failed to
> apply, retrying with whitespace fixup
This cannot happen when you run gbp pq import before running gbp
import-orig, as the wiki page tells you to do.
And this cannot happen when you run it after gbp import-orig, if you also
ran it before running gbp import-orig, as the wiki page tells you to do.
So this can only happen if you didn't follow the procedure.

--
WBR, wRAR