Re: python-scipy: autopkgtest fails (Re: bug#919929)

On 2019-03-07 20:46, Paul Gevers wrote:

If you upload now, your package will not migrate to testing before the
full freeze becomes effective so it would need an unblock. If you want
to fix this issue with the three lines I saw in the bug report, you can
go ahead. However, it is probably worth waiting for a resolution of bug
915738 and combine it with that.

Alas, the deprecation patch (in python-scipy 1.1.0-3) doesn't actually prevent emission of the deprecation warnings, so they're still spamming the debci log. On the bright side, s390x is now using gfortran-8 successfully (#915738).

To remove the deprecation warnings we'd need to deal with them at the source. Upstream has patches
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/commit/614847c5fc8d5f8a618980df3c1b93540428ae46
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/commit/e0cfa29e2fbe86f994924c0c7514ff5bbfffd514
and for completeness
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/commit/87e48c3c54d7a85bc6628c88c1de98ac0469b6fa

The deprecation problem (matrix API) appears in many places, but the fix is straightfoward: replace np.matrix with matrix from from scipy.sparse.sputils

Can you authorise an unblock to apply these 3 upstream patches to python-scipy 1.1.0 ? That won't necessarily fix the debci failure, but it will make it a lot easier to see what's actually failing.

Drew