Re: TypeError: ord() expected a character, but string of length 3 found (Was: Updated python-uncertainties)

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 09:08:43AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I can reproduce the wrongly placed / duplicated modules.  Its the same
> observation I made with lmfit-py[1].  While lintian recommends the usage
> of dh_python3
>
> I need to admit I have not found out how to use it properly and thus I
> simply removed the module in question manually[1].  I admit I'd prefer a
> better solution as well and since it seems to happen systematically I
> wonder whether dh-python might have some flaw?

dh_python does not (re)move files if they are different, this needs to be
handled manually.

In your case 2to3 produces different output in 3.6 and 3.7. The resulting
code is still identical, so you can safely remove the differing files.

I used this override in a similar case:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/pygithub/blob/master/debian/rules#L10

--
Dmitry Shachnev