Re: TypeError: ord() expected a character, but string of length 3 found (Was: Updated python-uncertainties)

Hi Dmitry,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 05:22:53PM +0300, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> > I need to admit I have not found out how to use it properly and thus I
> > simply removed the module in question manually[1].  I admit I'd prefer a
> > better solution as well and since it seems to happen systematically I
> > wonder whether dh-python might have some flaw?
>
> dh_python does not (re)move files if they are different, this needs to be
> handled manually.

Ahh, OK, thanks for confirming that I'm not that wrong with the approach
I used in a different package.

> In your case 2to3 produces different output in 3.6 and 3.7. The resulting
> code is still identical, so you can safely remove the differing files.
>
> I used this override in a similar case:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/pygithub/blob/master/debian/rules#L10

Uploaded now.  I hope the Uploaders mentioned in d/control will raise
their opinion about moving the repository to DPMT.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de