Re: RFS: jupyter components

Hi,

Le 28/08/2017 à 23:56, Gordon Ball a écrit :
> Hello
>
> The following packages should be ready for upload, if someone would be
> willing to check and sponsor the uploads:
>
>  * ipython 5.4.0-1
>
>    IPython 6.x is now available, but is python3 only. For the moment,
>    the existing ipython source package will be the 5.x series, and at
>    some point it will cease to build the python3 package and a new
>    source package based on ipython6 will take that binary over.
>
>    Question for previous packagers: we currently ship a custom
>    ipython.sh script as /usr/bin/ipython[3] instead of using the
>    entry-points script that would otherwise be installed, but I can't
>    find the rationale documented - faster startup?
>
>  * jupyter-console: 5.2.0-1
>
>    I tried out converting this one to gbp-pq (all others are still in
>    git-dpm format)
>
>  * jupyter-core: 4.3.0-1
>  * nbformat 4.4.0-1
>  * jupyter-client: 5.1.0-1
>

> The remaining packages are currently blocked:
>
>  * nbconvert: 5.2.1
>
>    waiting on python-pandocfilters >= 1.4 (already in dpmt git, but
>    not yet uploaded)
>
>  * jupyter-notebook: 5.0.0
>
>    working package available, but with some functionality limited due to
>    unpackaged or out-of-date javascript libraries

I haven't dared touching those packages recently (and especially not
updating them to later upstream) precisely because I knew I would risk
killing Python2 support.

Could you be more explicit about which javascript libraries are
unpackaged or out-of-date? I've been struggling since pretty long to
keep some of the javascript packages I made for jupyter up to date, so
perhaps at one point that effort might help...

Snark on #debian-python and #debian-js