Re: a few quick questions on gbp pq workflow

On Aug 6, 2017, at 11:11, Ondrej Novy <novy@ondrej.org> wrote:

> It's not always possible/simple/nice to use sdist, because it contains prebuild docs. And I don't like to do +dfsg rebuild just for removing docs. Sometimes sdists doesn't contain tests.

I will also generally prefer the PyPI tarballs for the packages I help maintain.  There’s good tooling for that and the tarballs are usually fine.  If not, and it’s fairly easy to DFSG them (e.g. via d/copyrights or some such), then I’ll go that route.  So far I haven’t had to pull things in from upstream git although once in a while I’ll just grab a file if needed.

-Barry