Re: packaging problems with python3.5 and python 3.6

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer and your fix!

> Which "python packaging guide" do you refer to?  A search for "debian python
> packaging guide" does not return unambiguous results.

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide where it states:
	You'll want to have at least the following build dependencies:
	python3-all
but the
	python[,3]-all-dev
are never mentioned. So sorry, I didn't know about them and searched
for the required header files, and added the respective packages.

> 'python-all-dev, python3-all-dev' - plus the python2 and python3 versions of

Thanks, maybe one with proper knowledge should fix the wiki, though.

> Since this package is in collab-maint, I've gone ahead and pushed fixed
> python3 support to the repo.

Thanks again. You added a dependency on python-lxml. I don't think this
is necessary as libxml is only used at compile time. At least building
in a clean chroot did work out without any problems.

BTW, does it make sense to upload another -1 version to ftp-master
to replace the one in the NEW queue?

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer