Re: Fwd: next version of csvkit

Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

> > On the current subject, I also agree we should not drop prematurely
> > packages targeted to Python 2.

The Lintian tag in question does not suggest maintainers should be
removing existing Python 2 support from packages.

It merely suggests that you should think twice before *adding* Python 2
support when putting together a new package. Such support can always be
added later after user demand. The idea is that if we never add such
support we've not only saved ourselves some effort in the future, we've
also encouraged the general adoption of Python 3.

Perhaps this is not clear in the tag/warning/description? This appears to
be a constant source of confusion/frustration, alas.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb