Re: pycharm package in debian

On 2017-10-01 08:26, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> May I ask what would be the benefit for pycharm to be in Debian, when we
> already have the official Jetbrains Toolbox App or the snap package as means
> to install and update the application?

I usually start to use software, when it arrives in Debian.
Or I package it. If there is some snap or other third party
package, I'm unsure how to work with it:

How to install? How to uninstall? How to report bugs and to
whom? How to download the source code and rebuild it? Is it
DFSG-free anyway? (Does it already build reproducible?)

There is nothing wrong with having snap or other packages
available, but I'm not their target audience. But I'm an Emacs
- and vi! - user anyway :~)

Another question is, how much work it will be and whether it is
worth the effort, esp. permanent maintenance. But if somebody
wants to do it, why not?

Cheers