Re: pycharm package in debian

On 01/10/17 02:36, Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
Le 30/09/2017 à 14:22, kamaraju kusumanchi a écrit :
Are there any plans to make a debian package of pycharm that is part
of official debian? I used their community edition on windows 7 and it
is awesome.

Maybe you should look at WNPP to see if someone filed a RFP or ITP, and
if not, submit a RFP yourself?

Looks like someone attempted it but gave up, so if you would like to
do it that would be great.

https://bugs.debian.org/742394
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

May I ask what would be the benefit for pycharm to be in Debian, when we already have the official Jetbrains Toolbox App or the snap package as means to install and update the application?

Ghis