snap in debian

Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> writes:

> May I ask what would be the benefit for pycharm to be in Debian, when we
> already have the official Jetbrains Toolbox App or the snap package as
> means to install and update the application?

For what its worth, last time I tried snap on Debian stable I found it
didn't work reliably.

I asked in Stack Overflow, and managed to backport the version of snap
from unstable. Where I encountered exactly the same problems as before:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46127373/snap-packages-on-debian-stable

So possibly at least one of my problems is a Kernel issue in Debian
stable (at least my current theory), however this seems to indicate to
me that snap is still somewhat bleeding edge and cannot be relied on.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>