Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic

* Christoph Biedl: " Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic" (Tue, 5 Sep 2017
  18:45:31 +0200):

> Mathias Behrle wrote...
>
> > So finally I am still quite undetermined what to do to get the actual
> > release of relatorio packaged[5] (it will be needed for the next release of
> > Tryton). For now there is only one usage of python-magic[6], so probably
> > best to patch relatorio for now to use file-magic...
>
> Since I doubt it's super-urgent, just wait a few weeks to see what's
> going to happen.

You are right. I tend to work as proactively as possible towards new Tryton
releases, the next one being scheduled for 2017-10-30. So there is some time
left.

> In the best outcome, this issue will resolve itself within the next
> weeks. Another idea was to add a compability layer in Debian, probably
> by switching to PyPi and providing glue code for the users of the
> file(1) version. Since to me it seems PyPi is the saner implementation,
> CMIIW.

Sounds interesting just in case the above proposed solution will not work. I
agree that the PyPi impementation seems to be more complete.

> Worst approach: Ship a code copy. Appearently kopanocore, peframe and
> sqlmap already do that. You'll have to clean up afterwards, though.

We will see. Thanks for your input!

>     Chri- "The delivery of good medica^W packaging is to do as much nothing
> as possible" stoph

:)

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6