Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic

* Christoph Biedl: " Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic" (Tue, 5 Sep 2017
  18:24:25 +0200):

> Mathias Behrle wrote...
>
> > * Christoph Biedl: " Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic" (Mon, 4 Sep
> > 2017 19:38:56 +0200):
>
> > > The cleanest solution indeed was to bring both upstreams together and
> > > ask them to reconcile the APIs and eventually make one of the both
> > > implementations obsolete. As things happen such an attempt was started
> > > two years ago but appearently never came to a result.[1]
> >
> > Agreed, that this would be the cleanest solution, but as you say there is
> > little probability, that the two upstreams will work together to merge their
> > implementations.
>
> Still this should be tried first. Also, I'm not that pessimistic, see
> below. So let's bring the parties involved into the loop:

[...]

Thanks for your additional information and initiative to re-launch the merge of
the two packages. This reads much better and more optimistic than what I could
find until now! Crossing fingers now in the hope for the best outcome for
everybody.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6