Namespace conflict for python-magic

Hi Christoph, hi folks,

there exists an odd namespace conflict for python-magic.

Current python(3)-magic in Debian is built from source package 'file'[0].
According to the included setup.py the package for the python bindings are
published as 'file-magic'[1] and are available on PyPi under this name[2].

OTOH the package providing python-magic on PyPi[3] is provided by another
Upstream[4].

The cleanest solution for me would look like
- package file in Debian should provide python(3)-file-magic
- python-magic should be the package name corresponding to the PyPi package
  python-magic[4]

The realization of this solution would create some substantial overhead.
Therefore it will be more adequate to find a different, but nevertheless
meaningful package name for python-magic from [4]. The ugly, but best name
currently on my mind would be python-python-magic.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Mathias

[0] https://sources.debian.net/src/file/
[1] https://sources.debian.net/src/file/1:5.31-1/python/setup.py/
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/file-magic/0.3.0
[3] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-magic/
[4] http://github.com/ahupp/python-magic

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6