Re: RFS: jupyter components

Hi,

Le 04/09/2017 à 10:49, Gordon Ball a écrit :
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Julien Puydt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le 28/08/2017 à 23:56, Gordon Ball a écrit :
>>
>>>  * nbconvert: 5.2.1
>>>
>>>    waiting on python-pandocfilters >= 1.4 (already in dpmt git, but
>>>    not yet uploaded)
>>
>> I updated it to latest upstream -- the build doesn't fail because of
>> python-pandocfilters afaict, but because for some reason entrypoints
>> don't get activated correctly. I still pushed my changes because I'm
>> sure I'm just missing something stupid...
>
> Yes - sorry, should have added some more text for this one. I didn't
> find a solution to entry_points not working during dh_auto_test, so my
> solution to that was to disable the build-time test and run it instead
> as an installed autopkgtest, for which entry_points should work correctly.

In fact, I spend a good amount of time investigating the issue :
setuptools only create the text file creating the entry points when
installing, not when building -- so I think it's best to disable
build-time tests and rely on autopkgtest to save ourselves afterwards.

Let me override-kill the autotest step.

> The issue with pandocfilters arose because I always run autopkgtest as a
> build step, but while there is an easy way of getting sbuild to use
> other locally built packages (--extra-package=/dir/containing/debs), I
> haven't found a way of getting autopkgtest to do the same - so I can
> satisfy build dependencies with extra, locally-built packages, but not
> the autopkgtest dependencies.

Here is how to setup things so it's easier to use local packages
(something I do a lot for my javascript experiments...) :
1. put your updated packages in some directory then make it a real
repository ( /usr/bin/apt-ftparchive packages . > Packages )
2. mount that somewhere under /repo in the schroot (add a line to
/etc/schroot/sbuild/fstab)
3. add "deb [trusted=yes] file:///repo ./" to your sources.list *within
the schroot*
4. now you can do something like "autopkgtest my-package_3.14-159.dsc --
schroot unstable-amd64-sbuild" to test your package!

Of course, it's easy to write a script which will update the list of
packages in the repo then call autopkgtest on $1 with the right options.
> Has anyone else encountered the issue with tests which rely on
> entry_points and how to make them work during dh_auto_test? Presumably
> there must be some environment/pybuild magic which will make them look
> in the right place.

See above : there's no right place since entry_points.txt isn't built
before installing!

Snark