Re: RFS: jupyter components

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Julien Puydt wrote:

Hi,

Le 28/08/2017 à 23:56, Gordon Ball a écrit :

 * nbconvert: 5.2.1

   waiting on python-pandocfilters >= 1.4 (already in dpmt git, but
   not yet uploaded)

I updated it to latest upstream -- the build doesn't fail because of
python-pandocfilters afaict, but because for some reason entrypoints
don't get activated correctly. I still pushed my changes because I'm
sure I'm just missing something stupid...

Yes - sorry, should have added some more text for this one. I didn't find a solution to entry_points not working during dh_auto_test, so my solution to that was to disable the build-time test and run it instead as an installed autopkgtest, for which entry_points should work correctly.

The issue with pandocfilters arose because I always run autopkgtest as a build step, but while there is an easy way of getting sbuild to use other locally built packages (--extra-package=/dir/containing/debs), I haven't found a way of getting autopkgtest to do the same - so I can satisfy build dependencies with extra, locally-built packages, but not the autopkgtest dependencies.

Has anyone else encountered the issue with tests which rely on entry_points and how to make them work during dh_auto_test? Presumably there must be some environment/pybuild magic which will make them look in the right place.

Snark on #debian-python