Re: python3 for pysrs

Hey,

> This is work you're doing in collaboration with the ‘pysrs’ upstream
> developers, right? You are aiming to get users to test this, and get it
> into a release, before doing any of this in Debian. Is that correct?

well because upstream has not add any patch for three years, I think upstream
is dead. I'll send upsteam also a mail with my propolsoal for pysrs python3,
but I think I'll don't get response. But before asking upstream I would like
to have somebody looking at my python3 changes if they are going into the
right direction.

> I think that porting a work to Python 3 is not appropriate for a Debian
> patch. That should be done only in a maintained upstream work; maybe a
> fork, but certainly not just a patch on the released upstream work for
> Python 2 only.

Yes I know, that this is not really part of an Debian patch, but because
upstream is not doing anything, I started now to push python3 support. And I
think at this list there are many people how saw many python3 support patches,
to give some hints, where to pay attention.
Well if upstream is dead I'll need to fork it.

Best Regards,

sandro