python3 for pysrs

Hey,

I'm currently porting pysrs to python3 and sofar I got all tests running for
python2 and python3 *yeah*. But the porting was mostly adding encode()/
decode() to many parts of the module. And I'm unsure, if the API is now in a
good shape, or if it is mostly unusable for users, because I mixed bytes/
strings to much. Can somebody help here to give a good look from "outside"?
[0]

I also see these messages:
python-srs: unused substitution variable ${python:Provides}
python-srs: unused substitution variable ${python:Versions}

so far I understand https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-module_packages.html i should ignore these messages.

And at least the testSRS.py is not available in build dir, so these tests are
not runned. Should I override dh_auto_tests? or PYBUILD_TEST_ARGS_python2/3?
What is the recommended way?

Best Regards,

sandro

[0] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/pysrs.git