Re: PyPI source or github source?

On 03/13/2017 10:40 PM, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Do you get rid of the useless dotfiles (gitignore, ci settings, tox...)
> or leave them alone then?

It is a battle that needs a lot of efforts for not so many rewards, so I
just leave them alone. However, I could probably just add a few
parameters to the "git archive" command within openstack-pkg-tools, so
that it would *always* get rid of them.

The issue I had was, however, with the .gitreview. Indeed, since the
packaging of OpenStack also uses Gerrit, the .gitreview file is needed.
That's not a problem with Stretch (since it ignores it by default), but
it was when backporting to Jessie. The solution is to add:

extend-diff-ignore = "^[.]gitreview$"

in debian/source/options, so that there's no error with diff in that
file when building (this isn't needed for >= Stretch).

Apart from that, no problem with other upstream files.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)