Re: PyPI source or github source?

Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:

> Like Barry, I've never had an issue with upstreams fixing their MANIFEST.in so
> that the sdist is complete when I point out the issue.

I have had some people who do argue that sdist is an installation
format, not a source format - if you want the source use github. I think
most of them eventually do change, however it makes me a bit uneasy that
maybe they might be right. As a result, some of my recent packages I
have used github, rather then try to "fix" things on PyPI. That way I
can be sure that the build will always be consistant, and not suddenly
and unexpectedly drop files.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>