Re: Backport of python-lockfile and suggested team maintenance

Hi Ben,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 11:41:44PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > You decided to use github instead of git.debian.org.
>
> Is your complaint that the Debian packaging for ‘python-lockfile’ is on
> GitHub? This is the first time it's been raised in this thread.

May be I messed up with Github but I was rather addressing != git.d.o:

$ apt-cache showsrc python-lockfile | grep ^Vcs
Vcs-Browser: https://notabug.org/bignose/debian_python-lockfile/
Vcs-Git: https://notabug.org/bignose/debian_python-lockfile.git

> > The pull request would force me to create my own clone on Github
>
> Since the Debian packaging work is not hosted at GitHub, no that would
> not be necessary.

I hope you will be able to excuse my false claim about Github.

> > > Are you now expressing the separate position that you consider it
> > > *not* sensible to name an individual as package maintainer? On what
> > > basis?
>
> I would still like an answer to this, because I must admit I am now
> baffled as to what your complaint is and on what you base it.

In your last mail you agreed that team maintenance would acceptable
and I have pointed you to the DPMT policy which states that the
list should be set as maintainer.

> Does it help address your complaint that I've hopefully cleared up some
> incorrect assumptions? I hope so.
>
> If you'd like to discuss on OFTC my nick is ‘bignose’.

I'm sorry, I have the feeling I have spent to much time into this
discussion even now.

Please just follow my suggestion to join DPMT or don't do it.

Thanks for considering

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de