Re: Backport of python-lockfile and suggested team maintenance

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> I would have loved to commit the changes to some team Git repository
> but you are using a repository outside git.debian.org.

Fortunately, Git is a distributed VCS; we can share changes between
repositories with all information preserved.

If you also publish your repository, you can ‘git request-pull’ to the
package maintainer address and I can see about getting them in.

> I'd consider it sensible if you would consider maintaining the package
> inside DPMT and the corresponding repository which enables easier
> contributions to the package.

I'm glad that there are multiple sensible options: the maintainer can be
a named person, the maintainer can be a team. I consider either of those
sensible.

--
 \        “None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love |
  `\                           not freedom, but license.” —John Milton |