Re: Adopting OpenStack packages

On 03/05/2017 01:13 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On March 4, 2017 6:41:13 PM EST, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>> On 03/04/2017 06:03 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>> If you don't understand why, after repeated warnings,
>>> you were temporarily banned from  team repository access,
>>
>> I understand, but I don't agree. My view is that it went a way too far
>> and that we all have better things to do than such playground activity.
>> That's not how I envision team work either.
>>
>>> it probably is better that you refrain from contributing
>>> to the team.
>>
>> Looks like you didn't even care reading what I wrote before replying.
>> Otherwise you would know that's what I've been doing already, and one
>> of
>> the reasons I'm not comfortable moving packages to the team.
>
> My preference would be that you constructively contribute to the team.
> I can understand your feelings, but I'd ask you to try and set them aside.
>
> It probably sounds like I'm telling you to go away. I'm not.
>
> If you can manage to move on from what happened before and work as part
> of the team, I think we'll all be better off.  Having pkg-openstack be
> an alternative DPMT isn't a good approach.
>
> For things that aren't used outside openstack, I think it's great to
> have a focused team.  The other things would be better in DPMT and I
> don't think you should block that where others want to do it.
>
> Scott K

Scott,

It feels a way better to read what you just wrote. However, I am now
confused (to say the least), because you wrote one thing and its
complete opposite yesterday and today. From your words:

"it probably is better that you refrain from contributing to the team."

and right now:

"My preference would be that you constructively contribute to the team."

Which of the 2 sentences should I take into account?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)