Re: Adopting OpenStack packages

On 03/04/2017 06:42 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> That's for _OpenStack_. We're talking about libraries here. Nobody is
> suggesting that DPMT take on Keystone or Horizon.
>
>> Alembic is one piece of the puzzle that may be a source of trouble in
>> OpenStack. Having a package inside the umbrella of the OpenStack team
>> has the huge advantage to tell the world that package maintainers must
>> care. I'm not sure it will continue to be the case if you move packages
>> to the DPMT. At the same time, I'm not sure if it will bring you more
>> help maintaining these packages anyway (I hope to be proven wrong here).
>
> I care. Allison cares. Barry cares. You care. DPMT cares too. What we
> need is trust in each other.

That's exactly the point. I have lost trust. Mostly, trust in the team
leaders. But not only. The trust that SQLAlchemy and Django will be
uploaded carefully without breaking things in the future. And I fear
that if we push packages like Alembic back into the team, careless
uploads will start.

I'm very happy that Allison, you and Barry care. You are all very kind
people that I enjoy a lot interacting with. It'd be awesome if we could
see more of your contribution.

> So, let's keep working together. You have people who are ready to
> listen and want to help. Take advantage.

I hope it will really happen, and that some people really will help.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)