Re: Problems upgrading r-cran-fastcluster due to failed test in Python module

Hi Gard,

thanks for trying to track down the issue.

On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 03:26:04PM +0100, Gard Spreemann wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 18:38:22 CET Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to upgrade r-cran-fastcluster[1] which also created Python
> > modules thanks to Gard Spreemann).  Unfortunately the unit test of the
> > new version fails with […]
> Hi all,
>
> I tried building on Stretch with the latest upstream (1.1.21) and the
> Debian changes from your SVN [1]. Weirdly enough, I don't see any
> errors, and the package builds nicely with all tests running and
> passing.

I can confirm when running *debuild* on a testing system the package
builds nicely also at my side.

> Could there be some weirdly set environment variable or something that
> causes the vectortest module (shipped by upstream) not to be found?

I do not think so.  Could you possibly try in a pbuilder sid chroot
whether you might be able to reproduce the issue?

> Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I think it makes a difference whether it is sid or testing or may be the
difference is if its on the running system or in a chroot environment.
The latter might be a hint that some Build-Dependency is missing which
is by chance installed on the local machine ... but which one?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de