Re: DEP 8: Gathering Django usage analytics

Hi List,

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 04:32:46PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> If Django implements usage analytics, I would strongly suggest to make it
> "opt-in" in Debian, just as popcon, not "opt-out".

FWIW as a long-time Debian user and supporter, I expect every piece of
software I install *not* to report any information about anything on
my system without my explicit consent.

I am concerned about my online privacy: on my systems even popcon
is not enabled and in my browser the CookieMonster and PrivacyBadger
extensions are enabled.

I would have no problem with Debian packages providing the bits of
code that would allow other Debian users to turn on a switch to
opt-in on providing upstream with valuable usage data.

--
Nicolas Chauvat